Wednesday 18 April 2012

London Bookfair

Did you go to the London Bookfair this year?  Any opinions?  I arrived at around 4pm on Monday and was pleasantly surprised to find that I could actually walk around at leisure. It certainly had a different feel to it this year. Lots of self-publishing companies and e-publishers, as well as a larger number of children's publishers. Unless I missed them, there were quite a few of the more established publishers absent - sign of the times maybe?  Whether you like it or not is seems self and e-publishing are here to stay. It has never been easier for an author to see his or her work in print, but will this ultimately lower the standards I wonder?  I am already hearing complaints from friends who read with a Kindle that the publications by unknowns are badly edited, and the grammar and spelling isn't as good as in a printed copy.  Would be extremely interested to hear your opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment