Wednesday 10 August 2011

It's Launched!

Thank you to all who came to the launch of Shipwrecks of Sussex at Waterstones in Eastbourne. What a delightful bunch of interesting people! I met coastguards, divers, and several people who, as children, could remember some of the shipwrecks featured in my book. I also had an opportunity of telling people about the excellent museums we have dotted along the south coast, such as The Shipwreck Museum at Hastings, Seaford and Newhaven museums and to talk about some of the interesting artefact's to be found in them. If you missed this event then do pop along to Waterstones in Worthing on Saturday 13th August where I will be doing another book signing. I shall looking forward to saying hello to you.
The past few months have been hectic as usual. Most of June was taken up with final preparations for the 8th Stickler Syndrome Support Group conference, held at Daventry. Over 100 people attended and a memorable time was enjoyed by all. At the end of June I run a musical writing workshop in France, and was delighted that so many good ideas and stories were generated.
On Saturday 17 September I am running a Day for Journalists and Non-fiction writers at Worthing library and anyone interesting in attending, do please email me at wendy@stickler.org.uk
Since moving to Sussex I have missed running Walton Wordsmiths which I founded in 1999 (which is still thriving) and workshops, so I am planning on setting up a new group, Worthing Wordsmiths to be held at Worthing library on Friday afternoons. The aims of the group is to provide help to writers of all grades and capabilities by personal contact within the group, constructive criticism, circulating information on competitions and markets, and to encourage members to share writing experiences with one another. All aspects of writing will be covered, except poetry. Initially three meeting have been booked to see how things go, and it it takes off then I will arrange either fortnightly or monthly meetings, depending on demand. Again if you are interested to learn more, do please email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment